Yakan Cushion Cover
A unique specialty of the Yakans, an indigenous community down south of Philippines, is weaving these intricately designed fabric called seputangan. These beautifully hand woven textiles are traditionally used as head cloth cover and the geometric designs is part their cultural aesthetic and heritage.
These cushion covers are wholly Yakan-made, from weaving of the fabric using bamboo backstrap looms to sewing into pillow cases. The choice of colours, the traditional designs and even some of the imperfections due to the handmade nature of production makes every piece one of the kind.
- Adds style, texture and colour to your sofa, living room or bedroom
- Can be a great conversation starter
- Hand made / hand woven
- Back design has no zipper for comfort
- Care instruction: washable with gentle detergent. Hang to dry.
- Makes for a perfect Christmas gift for anyone who loves Philippine-made home decors.
- 10% of sales goes back to helping Filipinos affected by the pandemic
- Pillow/cushion in the photos NOT included
Sizes varies as each set was made by different weavers. Approx measurement below for your reference:
Due to the light and screen setting difference, the colour may be slightly different from the pictures. Please contact us if you need more photos or details.